Vision & Objectives.
The renewal of interest in traditional seagoing activities in the region can be summarized into three areas of interest.
- The history of the development of different boat types for different purposes and locations.
- Study and maintenance of traditional boat building techniques.
- Study and demonstration of working practices.
Our Vision is to increase interest in the maritime heritage of the North East;
- running workshop facilities for the maintenance, restoration and reconstruction of traditional wooden boats.
- informing the public about maritime heritage through open days, seminars and visits by interested organisations.
- encouraging regional development agencies, local authorities, museums and the private sector enterprises in support of heritage projects, education and events, in order to boost public interest and tourism.
- reviving traditional wooden boat building skills through training programmes.
- support and coordinate with like minded individuals and organisations – in particular in the organisation of maritime events for traditional craft.