Special Interest Links
Top of the page has been set up to highlight links to similar sites to ours and to sites that have a special interest in old boats generally. They have been filtered out of the links which contain a lot of sponsors and organisations such as the local council. There are a great many people around restoring old boats and if you think their websites should be added to the list below please send a link to firstname.lastname@example.org. A suitable comment would also be appreciated:-
CKS Coble and Keelboat Society based the North East Coast of England. Very closely associated with NEMT.
Sunderland Maritime Heritage Just down the coast.
The “Spider T” Which we have seen in Arbroath and Whitby A well restored representative of boats that worked the Humber. A bit further down the coast.
A Fifie – Reaper Reaper is a Fifie Sailing Herring Drifter.
World of Boats at Eyemouth This is a collection of nigh on 400 boats and 300 plus models with supporting archive from across the world and spanning many centuries.
A Liverpool Nobby These boats worked Morecombe and Liverpool Bays much as Cobles worked the NE Coast. title=”In the boatshed” href=”http://www.intheboatshed.net”>intheboatshed.net Old boats, traditional boats, boat building, repair and restoration – Gavin Atkin’s weblog
About us Video clip from Sky News
- 2013-14 EHSI bursary placement at NEMT
- Clydeside Boatbuilders
- Coble and Keelboat Society
- East Coast Fibreglass Supplies
- History of the fishing industry from 1869 to 1989.
- Island Chain & Yacht Services Ltd
- In the Boat shed – The Blog about Old Boats
- J & W Lifeboat Restoration
- Little video about us from SKY News
- Liverpool Nobby
- National Historic Ships UK
- National Maritime Museum Cornwall
- The Net Project – North Shields
- North Shields Fish Quay – Heritage & Regeneration
- Pictures of Old Boats by Peter Loud
- Sealane Inshore Ltd.
- Shemaron, Ring Net Trust
- South Shields Gazette
- South Tyneside Council
- Sunderland Maritime Heritage
- Tall Ship & Traditional Sail Professionals (LinkedIn).
- The Coble in Art
- Trawler Pictures
- Tyne and Wear Museums – HMS Kelly
- VWM Ltd Wood Working Machines